The mission of the Kansas School Public Relations Association, an advocate for the learning community, is to create an atmosphere of public trust and understanding by leading, counseling and influencing attitudes and behaviors in support of Kansas public education.
- Honesty and integrity are essential to trust and understanding.
- Partnership and collaboration maximize effectiveness.
- Visionary leadership promotes continuous growth.
- We will provide benefits and services that enable KanSPRA and its members to positively influence attitudes about public education in Kansas.
- We will develop a statewide advocacy plan for public education.
Strategies & Action Plan
Objective 1: We will provide benefits and services that enable KanSPRA and its members to positively influence attitudes about public education in Kansas.
- Every month we will connect with our members:
- Education news clips …. Push out to members (use KASB News Room)
- Hold monthly regional meetings
- Maintain a connection between local and state levels
- Report regional activities at board meetings
- Discuss impact of issues sent from state chapter
- Report regional activities in monthly e-mail
- Generate messages and share statewide
- Support Accreditation of members
- Reach out to include members in higher ed (community colleges, AVTS)
- Survey members to identify specific needs the association needs to address
- Create and send monthly newsletters that include:
- News clips
- CAP update (from NSPRA)
- Member information (babies, grandbabies)
- Web links
- Job bank
- Create a mentor program for new members
- Review organizational structure and association by-laws to support the objectives.
Objective 2: We will develop a statewide advocacy plan for public education.
1) Develop campaigns that address current statewide educational issues
2) Distill existing research
- Cultivate relationships with other education organizations to develop a statewide campaign
- Work with USA and KASB to develop a PR/communication strand at their conventions.
- Use content from campaigns for presentations
- Use educational cable TV to support campaign.
- Districts that create shows can share with other districts to share either on cable or with staff or site councils
- Coordinate effective, pro-active messages about public education.
Proposed Dec. 2005. Revised and approved by KanSPRA Board of Directors Jan. 27, 06.