Become an APR
Earning universal accreditation through the APR (Accredited in Public Relations) process is a challenging -- and extremely rewarding -- way to grow as a public relations professional. The KanSPRA board is proud to support members who are pursuing their APR...
- Encouragement and support from current APRs in Kansas
- One-time $500 stipend to any KanSPRA member in good standing successfully completing the APR
- Help finding an APR chair (mentor) for your application
- State-level recognition and leadership opportunities
Plan for success...
1. Secure your APR chair, an NSPRA member who will help guide you through the process.
2. Develop your plan to complete the process within the required 12-month window. There are multiple phases of your preparation and approval; work closely with your APR chair, NSPRA staff or other KanSPRA APRs to ensure that you have allowed yourself the time you need to be successful in each phase.
3. Dedicate the time and focus it takes to seriously prepare for both your Readiness Review Panel and the online exam. Even the most seasoned veteran and expert test taker will only succeed with meaningful and adequate preparation.
Request your stipend
Once you have passed the exam and received the formal letter from the Universal Accreditation Board, send an e-mail to the KanSPRA president with all of the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Your phone number
- Your APR chair's name, e-mail address and phone number
- Date of official notice from UAB of APR designation
- Mailing address for your $500 payment
Current APRs in KanSPRA
- Nancy Horst, APR - Emporia
- Wendy Johnson, APR - Wichita
- Michele Jones, APR - Manhattan
- Kristin Magette, APR - Eudora
- Jake Potter, APR - Leavenworth
- Martin Weishaar, APR - Auburn-Washburn