This award recognizes a member who:
- advocates for public education in Kansas through work in the nominee's school district and/or the State of Kansas;
- remains committed to a creative, dedicated and professional approach to school communications;
- is active in the Kansas School Public Relations Association as a member who demonstrates excellent personal communications skills, shares expertise and best practices with colleagues, and supports and encourages fellow KanSPRA members in their efforts to promote public education.
To be eligible, members must be employed full-time in school public education, communications or public relations for at least five years. The award is presented at the annual state conference in the fall.
KanSPRA Distinguished Service Award winners:
- 2018 - Martin Weishaar, Auburn Washburn
- 2017 - Kristi McNerlin, Blue Valley
- 2016 - Nancy Horst, Emporia
- 2015 - Julie Boyle, Lawrence
- 2013 - Keturah Austin, Andover
- 2012 - Carol Pitts, KASB
- 2012 - Annette Singletary, Goddard
- 2008 - Wendy Johnson, APR, Wichita
- 2007- Karen McDermott, APR, Maize